Monday, January 22, 2007

Catchin' my Breathe

Life has definitely been non stop lately. I’ve been meaning to write but have yet to have the time to really do so. The last two weekends I have been out and about and enjoying my last moments here. Last week I finally went to the Egyptian museum. It was okay but a suggestion to anyone who has yet to go – go there before you go to Luxor or any other museum or you might just be bored. But I have to say that I really enjoyed the mummified animals. There was a crocodile that was mummified and this huge fish from the Nile!

This past weekend I was almost on the brink of having insomnia. I was already tired going into it because last week Farzina, Kent and I hung out a lot plus a nice movie night on Wednesday – Night at the Muesum with Kait and her sister-in law; Pursuit of Happines w/ Farzina, Mustafa and Harrison. Thursday I got home from work only to turn around and start getting ready for yet another party at the Nay-Zine Penthouse (a new name coined by Mustafa). This time we celebrated Megan’s bday. It was really fun; much more chill than the last but just as unforgettable; esp. Kent dancing…classic!

Woke up the next morning and Farzina tried to convince me to go chill at a café near the pyramids, but I decided to go eat lunch with Megan, Kent and Dody – Nisrin was supposed to come but her deep sleep got in the way! After lunch, Megan Kent and I headed back to my place to veg for a few hours only to have a bunch of people randomly drop by. Some people in attendance included some fellow AIESECers from Madison coming to study at AUC, newly arrived IPM teamsters and about another 5 or so people. Oh yea, and May – you get your own shot out!!!

Later headed to a café for some sheesha with Megan Nisrin and the WI boys and decided to hit Alexandria the next day. Woke up early the next morning – had about 5 hours of sleep – and caught a train to the beautiful city. Tho’ it was only slightly beautiful that day; more like windy, cold and rainy. It was so windy, Luli’s car started shaking at one point.

It was a fun and much needed day away from Cairo. Hung out at a café for breakfast, walked around a bit, had lunch at the infamous Mohamed Ahmed headed to Roushdy’s Senter ElSalam (no this isn’t a typo) for bowling where Nisrin totally kicked everyone’s butt. It was a total off day for me; that and Megan kindly jinxing me every other second!

After bowling and some ice, we all headed to Carefour to see AAST Alex. It was good to see some of the LC – Alaa, Bahaa, Salma and Shazly. It had been a minute. I definitely have to head back there again and say a proper good-bye (I’ve been living with Farzina too long)

Anyways, later we got some seafood, a must when you visit Alex. Got to see Ahmed Badr which was kinda sad cause I had to say my first good-bye. I didn’t even realize it til Badr said something. It’s just gonna get worse.

Slept for about 5 or so hours and got up to catch a train back to Cairo. Got home took a much needed nap. Later meet up for Korean food with Kent, Tom, May, Farzina and one of her co-workers. It was really good and my first time eating the cuisine. And of course after we finish a meal decide to head for coffee and sheesha.

When I got home I truly tried to book my ticket home. I had the credit card in hand and everything. Only to read a line that says, this ticket is not available as an e-ticket and a few lines below that, sorry but we can’t ship tickets internationally. Thx expedia :-(

This week doesn’t seem to be getting any better. I got home from work today to be presented with this weeks plan by Farzina and it’s VERY full…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home