Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Post-Christmas

Christmas has now come and gone but it still doesn't feel like the holidays.

Farzina and I had an awesome Christmas party; we even decorated the apartment with Christmas lights on the windows and trimming along the walls. I spent Christmas day basically at Nisrin's – watched t.v., fell asleep at 6am, woke up at 4am, went home to shower and change, went shopping for food at 6pm, started cooking at 7pm, ate around 11pm (one of these days we will start designing our menu around the size of Nisrin's oven!)

The food was random – a 5 layer taco dip, a chicken & potato with lemon flavor baked/stove thing :) some other veggies and desert was fudge brownies. The company was good – Nisrin, Kenny, Dody, Mike and May. It was cool to have a chilled out Christmas.

I was even able to talk on the phone with all my parents and siblings on the same day; which I probably haven't done since I graduated from Miami .

All in all, it was a good weekend; I guess I just don't feel the holiday spirit here. Tho' I'm sure I'll be seeing a lot of spirit soon since next week is another Eid! Yay more cultural learning :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home