Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Santa Claus

as i was leaving zamalek today after an amideast intern dinner, i caught a clipse of something familiar in the window of diwan. it was santa claus! it kinda shocked me yet made me smile. besides the random places selling christmas trees (and the one standing outside of my office) i haven't seen much christmas paraphenelia around. i was in a taxi back to dokki when some other interns when i saw santa. we quickly and joyfully waved to him and he waved back as jolly as santa should. this made me look forward to the upcoming holiday season.

what also added to my day was the post that went out over egypt trainee voice from tom trying to get everyone together for christmas day. it seems that there are quite a few people that will be around; kudos to tom for being proactive :)

so it seems that my holidays won't be too bad. the 22nd will be Farzina & Nay-Nay's Christmas Bash/Thomas' going away party. and the 25th will be christmas dinner with friends; what more can you ask for when you can't share this time with your family?

'Tis the season ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home